I’ll write more later as I get time to reflect. But here’s some quick thoughts from Saturday’s run.
- Starting at 6 a.m. is nice. Darkness suits me.
- The vistas from Ely’s Peak are amazing in October. Waves of yellow across miles.
- Having Enger Tower lit at night is a great beacon to run towards. Very motivating late at night.
- Soup is good. Potato. Chicken noodle. Chicken wild rice.
- The 600-foot descent from Enger Tower is brutal at 11 p.m.
- Groves of pine trees create perfect silence on windy days.
- 64F with 88% humidity is still too warm for me.
- Ringing the Peace Bell twice is always gratifying.